Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lots of news!

I watched the second rough cut of the film with Hope & Anchor a few weekends ago. They are working to compose a fabulous soundtrack as we speak.
The big opening of the film and reception will be March 2nd in the Upper Fellowship Hall at Warren Wilson College, most likely around 6:30 pm. This will be a community wide event and open to all of Asheville and beyond! There will be a panel discussion afterwards, it should be pretty great.

I've also been asked to present the film at the University of North Carolina at Asheville. They are having a Queer Conference towards the end of March that I will be participating in. It should be pretty great, the key note speaker this year is Kate Bornstein!
The set up of the presentation will be similar to the one I'll be doing at TIC, possibly viewing a trailer along with a few clips from the film and then having a panel discussion and dialogue. I'm also seeing about getting into the film festival that goes along with the conference. If this happens the documentary will be shown at the Fine Arts Theatre, which would be a huge honor but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

I also just heard today that they want me to do a session at the National Women Studies Association Conference this summer. This is HUGE, I applied but didn't really think anything would happen with that. The conference is June 28th-July 1st in St. Charles Illinois. They are actually willing to help out with some travel costs too which is really great. If anyone in the film reading this thinks they might be able to come to that and would like to sit on a panel with me that would be really awesome.

The film is definitely going to travel! I'm really glad there is so much interest, it's going to be great to start having conversations with folks about the activism and work being done.
Thanks to everyone!
I also want to note that once I get a trailer together I will post it online so people can view it. That probably won't be for about a month, however.

Sending my best,
Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home